Re: Bearing Grease Packer

To: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Subject: Re: Bearing Grease Packer
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:11:20 -0700
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 10:53:55AM -0400, Lyn Fatt, Brian A wrote:

> Sounds like the daily driver needs another wheel
> bearing...
>
> I've read somewhere or heard about a grease packer
> for bearings that consists of a bottle with a
> plunger. From what I remember, you put the bearing
> into the bottle, and the bearing gets packed by the
> plunger. The tool saves grease being everywhere, and
> saves the time consuming process of hand packing the
> bearing. I've also seen the dual cone type packer,
> but it seems that I'd have grease everywhere if I use
> that tool.

Never hesitating to ask a dumb question, let me ask
what's wrong with just stuffing grease in with your fingers?

Do you get more grease in with the greaser?  Is it just faster?
Or does it help flush out the old dirty grease?

--
 Eric Murray www.lne.com/~ericm  ericm at the site lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5