Re: Curtain doors (was RE: Garage Headroom for Lift)

To: Keith Kaplan <keithka@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Curtain doors (was RE: Garage Headroom for Lift)
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:15:42 -0800
On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 01:36:17PM -0800, Keith Kaplan wrote:

> This brings me to a related point -- does anyone have a curtain door in
> their home shop?  Curtain door is the term I hear used most often for the
> style of garage door that rolls up into a drum attached to the wall just
> above the door, so it doesn't hurt your ceiling clearance, block your
> lights, etc.  Seems like these would be really handy, but the folks at Home
> Depot, and almost every dedicated garage door service company in town, just
> shrug and look at me funny when I ask them about such doors.  The one place
> that's heard of them never calls me back with a quote.

Maybe they're just confused by your terminology.  I've always heard
those called "roll-up" doors.  The ones I've used have had a long loop
of chain like a hoist's that you pull one way to open, the other way to
close.  I agree that they're pretty useful.... my track-style doors
block half the ceiling, so I can't light that part of the garage if I
want to be able to use the lights with the doors up.

--
Eric Murray          N*Able Technologies                    www.nabletech.com
(email:  ericm  at the sites lne.com or nabletech.com)     PGP keyid:E03F65E5