Re: Disposing of Brake Fluid

To: Bruce Wentzel <GreenDot@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Disposing of Brake Fluid
From: Heather & Joe Way <sierrasa@psln.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:31:34 -0800
Bruce Wentzel wrote:

> My local Auto Parts store uses a furnace that burns engine drain oil said
> that putting the brake fluid in with the drain oil is OK.  But not
> antifreeze.  And both are glycol base?  Hmmmm.
>
> Bruce Wentzel     Green Dot Racing, Inc.
====
Well--keep in mind that used antifreeze nearly always has water in it,
typically 50 percent by volume. The water doesn't burn very well. :-)

I once saw a homemade waste-oil heater on which the owner had hooked up
a small gravity feed tank with a line into the heater above the fire
pan. He could set the valve to drip antifreeze into the fire fast enough
to get rid of it over time but not so fast as to damp the fire.

Joe
--
Heather & Joe Way
Sierra Specialty Automotive