Re: Experiences with LOJACK

To: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>
Subject: Re: Experiences with LOJACK
From: Bob Brooks <rbrooks@micrelinc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:04:52 -0800
Ken:

Cancelling the warranty was Lo Jack itself.

I had 2 local dealers check on it.   Raising the price, I think, was the
local guys,  here atleast the installs are handled by the local authorized
installer.

This is the same guy that installs the car phone, and stereo equipment.

As they only Guarantee covering the cost of installation, or was it the
deductable up to 500.00, I forget, but it was one or the other, I am not
sure what you would have to gain from stealing your own car.

It not like they are doubling the theft coverage on the car.

What I find interesting was that when I checked into this, about 2 1/2 years
ago, having Lo Jack did nothing to lower your insurance premiums.

In fact the system did not qual for the alarm discount.  Because it does not
disable your starter, and it is not self arming.

Bob

--
Bob
rbrooks@micrelinc.com