Re: MIG Welders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, ejm03@health.state.ny.us
Subject: Re: MIG Welders
From: Dave.Desilets@East.Sun.COM (Dave Desilets - Sun BOS Hardware)
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 14:02:48 -0400

        Local (Albany, NY) welding supply house has a sale on Lincoln SP 125 or
        Millermatic130 MIG welders for $499. They are also offering the same
units
        complete with 80cu. ft bottle of argon, Victor flowgauge and Jackson
shadow
         4 x 5 welding helmet for $699.Sounds like a good buy as both machines
alone
         normally retail for $650.

        Anyone have any experience with either unit? I'm looking to pick up a
MIG
         this summerand had been thinking about the Century 140 offered by
Sam's Club.

Gene,
I don't have any input on these, but two weeks ago a friend of my son's came
over to weld up a few parts onhis car. He had a Hobart 125 with the Argon
set up. Boy did it weld up a storm. We had a mix of 1/4" plate / tubing and
thin gage, and it did a great job, verticle, overhead, and flat.
No smoke because of the Argon, and there was a cross breeze that did't blow
away the gas. The unit ran on 110 and did everything we asked it to.
He don't know what it cost, as the unit was his fathers, but is was well
under $1000, with a cart. Anyway, maby something to consider.

Dave