[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Tappet adjustment tool

Subject: Re: Tappet adjustment tool
From: "Roger Garnett" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 11:59:11 -500
> On Friday, 2 Feb 1996, Roger Garnett wrote:
> > I haven't seen those, but I have one that's even nicer. It's a machinsts 
> > guage, (Center plunger type) with stand and adapters to mount on top of the
> > valve/rocker arm. 

> > Sorry, but I have no idea where you could buy one today-

Phil Ethier writes:
> You're joking.

No, I'm not. Yes, I know that *dial guages* are readily available, but not 
this package. And, yes a regular guage and stand would work, altho it's more 

I should have been a bit more explicit- It's the custom stand and adapters
that make this setup nice. It's basicly an open sided cylinder, that mounts
right on top of the valve, with a spring loaded clamp. No need to find a 
nearby flat area. The adapters are differnet thickness baseplates, to match to 
your valve diameter, and rocker height.

I think it's called a P & G Valve Gapper or some such.


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>