Re: Electrical ducting

To: Andy.Banta@Eng.Sun.COM, cak@aratar.com, dmitchel@ford.com
Subject: Re: Electrical ducting
From: cak@aratar.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 96 10:50:31 PST
        Check into GFCI circuit breakers. They are more expensive, but they
        will probably solve this problem.

Same problem - you can't share the neutral, so you can't run jacketed (BX)
12/3 around the shop to the various duplex outlets. The only *proper* way
to do this is with a double-pole GFCI breaker. I haven't yet found
these on the shelf (someone suggested checking out hot tub stores), but
they are rumored to cost upwards of $100.

I *really* like the idea of using 12/3 around the main shop, because it's
a lot less wiring hassle. But I may give it up in the end.