mgs

compressor

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: compressor
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:03:15 -0600
It doesn't take a lot of air pressure to run a spray gun - an HVLP gun
only needs about 10 lbs pressure. Even a cheap gun needs little more.
Sanders need quite a bit more air along with sand blasters.  It would
run a small sand blaster pausing occasionally.  I have a similar one
and it struggles to keep a jitterbug sander going for more than a few
minutes.

Unless you want to run sanders, go for it.

> The specs are: 32 gallon tank, 5.5HP peak, 1.7 HP running. It comes
> with impact wrench, air ratchet, die grinder, air chisel, 2 spray
> guns, etc.
>
> I had thought that such a compressor would not really run a spray gun,
> but even if it would not, this is probably not too important to me.

Mike