mgs

Re: 92 XJ12 Project

To: "mg listserve" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 92 XJ12 Project
From: "Maynard Hirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:15:34 -0600
I would keep the V12.  That engine is designed to be serviced and rebuilt.
It is an aluminum block with steel sleeves.  It has a hardened crank.

What do you mean it is fried?  I assume you mean overheated, but how bad?
Any funny noises, coolant in the oil, exhaust gases in the coolant?

Keep the car as is.  The V12 is a pleasure.  I have a 91 XJS V12 and let me
tell you a story.  I was on the interstate cruising at 80mph when a tuner
car passed me and sneered.  I waited until he was about 1/8 mile ahead of me
and then punched it.  I was going about, well lets not say, and still
accelerating when I passed him.  He tried to catch up but he couldn't even
gain any ground.  (It is a nice change from when that happens to me in my
MG)

Maynard