mgs

Re: push starting

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: push starting
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:10:58 -0700
I don't know about that. When I was having regular starter problems in my B,
I started it every day in reverse. I'd open the driver's door, stick my left
foot out and push backwards until it started to roll down the driveway (very
short and shallow slope), then pop the clutch to start it.

In my case the battery was fine, it was the starter pinion that wasn't
engaging.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149