mgs

Re: Your OTHER cars

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Your OTHER cars
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:29:16 -0600
Perhaps not so different - but in between MGs, when I was living in
Colorado, I bought a 74 Toyota Landcruiser, soft top no less. It served as
my sole convertible for many years and has many other similarities to MGs -
easy to work on, interchangeable parts over many years of the vehicle's
manufacture, good instrumentation / no idiot lights. Also fun to drive and
a great 4 wheeler. I like to rotate driving between it and my MGs because
it makes a great contrast with a much higher ride with its own great
maneuverability.  And it has gone to where few trucks have ventured out in
the wilds, something I needed but my MGs cannot do. I have thought about
getting a Landrover to replace it but from what I have heard, they are very
comparable in many ways.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B