mgs

Re: Marking TDC

Subject: Re: Marking TDC
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:56:09 -0000
You should really have made a more reliable set of pointers first and
prepared to rivet/weld them to the front cover.  Normally one puts a probe
down the plug hole - bar across the top of the block in your case - and
turns the engine until the top of the piston contacts the probe, and makes a
mark on the cover where the notch on the pulley is.  Then turns the engine
back until it contacts again and makes another mark.  TDC is mid-way between
the two marks, no need for a protractor or degree gauge.

PaulH.