mgs

MGOC at Sears Point

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGOC at Sears Point
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:58:29 -0700
This weekend The Northern California MGOC sponsored a day at the races
at Sears Point Raceway (infinion).  The races where put forth by the
CSRG and was for pre 68 sports and race cars.  We where able to corral
our cars in the paddock and the highlight of the day was a track touring
session during the lunch hour.  The Morgan club was there also and
participated in the track tour.  They lined the MG club and the Morgan
club up along side each other.  There was about 15 morgans and about 15
MG's.  They let the Morgan's out first and about 30 seconds later they
let the MG's on the track.  We where able to drive as fast as our cars
and driving skills let us.  This was the most fun that I have ever had
in my MG!!.  I was able to pass 9 cars and reach speeds of 80 - 90.  Its
a hilly course with I think about 13 turns so high speeds are not really
possible.  Passing was permitted at designated areas on the track.   We
had the track for about 30 minutes.  I'm hooked now and want to build a
vintage racer!...

Dennis Cox
67 MGB