mgs

Re: non-lbc --- Netscape 7 ??

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Subject: Re: non-lbc --- Netscape 7 ??
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:49:50 -0500
Regardless, it still doesn't fix the problem in N7, in which the UI itself
(not just the page) fails to redraw.  In N7 (and possibly N6) the UI is
based on the Gecko engine (the page renderer).  Unfortunately you have to
pretty much reboot the machine to clear the problem.  This just happened
again today and I tried the shift-redraw trick, which redrew the page (but
scrolling down and up will do the same thing), but the UI remained
un-updated.  Also, once the problem occurs, it seems to persist.

I've never heard of Galeon, but will check it out.

Anyway, that's enough MG bandwidth, except that it makes checking out MG
sites more difficult when it's acting up.  But out of principle, if nothing
else, I refuse to use IE.

- Tab