mgs

RE: oil pipe from block to filter

To: "'Barney Gaylord'" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: RE: oil pipe from block to filter
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:55:11 -0500
> That must have been a nice trick.  I thought the pipe would
> hit the top
> edge of the engine  block.  Lucky you.

With the head off, you can ease it past the top edge of the block.

> Bigger wrench.  The steel adapter fitting has a 1-1/8" wrench

Well, I'm using a 1-1/8" box wrench, which is pretty long....

> long ways for expanding a thin brass nut.  Just heat the nut, not the
> threaded fitting.

Gonna douse it in penetrant for a couple of days and see if that helps.
Don't have a full propane cylinder at the house right now anyway...and my
wife will really think I've lost it if I'm holding the thing over the BBQ
grill...

> Oh, just to be sure.  Do remember that it's a right handed
> thread, and turn
> anti-clockwise to undo.

Yeah...I always assume that, but took a good look at the exposed threads to
verify when it was being such a pain...