mgs

My Trip this weekend

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My Trip this weekend
From: David Hayes <David.Hayes@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:45:35 +0200 (MEST)
Hi
This weekend I set off from London to Aberystwyth (a small town on the west
coast of mid wales) and had a fantastic top down drive in beautiful weather.
About halfway there the radio started misbehaving and the indicators stopped
flashing. The indicators had never flashed very well anyway and I figured the
radio was just due to poor reception and the flasher unit had finally given
up the ghost so I continued my journey (flashing manually). After arriving in
Aberystwyth we set out to go to the beach for a walk and I noticed the
ignition light did not come on though the engine started no problem. I checked
the
charge on the batteries with the engines revving quite high 3-4000 and it
did not get over 11.5V or so. I checked the connections on the altenator and
the problem still occurred though upon starting the enging again the ignition
light did come on. I think I probably have a duff altenator, how can I check
for sure that is the problem? What else could it be?
Thanks for your help in advance
David Hayes
1973 MGB Roadster (just completed it's longest journey in about 10 years)

--
http://www.gmx.net