mgs

Re: Why unibody?

To: <MGMagnette@aol.com>, <nagyt@stargate.duq.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why unibody?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:45:28 -0000
Doesn't the TR6 have a seperate body and chassis?  At any rate, BMIHT make
TR6 bodies and deliver them on a transportation 'chassis', presumably
Pressed Steel or whoever could have done, if not actually did, the same.

I do remember reading something about soft-die tooling somewhere in the MG
story, but wouldn't it have been a bit early for the MGB?  The special deal
I seem to remember was a higher unit price in return for lower start-up
costs.  It was the only way they could get enough funding I think.

PaulH.