mgs

Re: Smoothline

To: "MGS (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smoothline
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:41:15 -0800
Hmmm, exactly how much lighter is a fiberglass hood than a steel one? I
didn't think fiberglass hoods were mainly a weight-saving mod for street
racers, but more an easy way to add scoops and blower/carb bulges. I'm
actually surprised someone makes one for an MGB, when you already have
the option of aluminum, "factory" steel, and repro steel (cheaper). There
are a lot of complaints about the fit of the repro steel hoods, so I
would be concerned about potential fit problems. But I dunno, myself.

Jon Lind had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149