mgs

Re: No turn signals, partial high beams

To: <Nferre@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No turn signals, partial high beams
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:50:48 -0400
If it is like the one in a 78 MIdget you can do this. Take the cover off
the column. Right next to the turn signal stalk is a set of reed
switches. they are three peice of flat brass on top of each other. You
can clean them with a points file. All the stuff should work now. Or at
least it did on the Midget.

Larry

psssst (see I can do the tech stuff too, once in a while :-)  )

>Hi Gang!
>
>A hopefully small problem.  My headlight switch on my 79 B bit the
>proverbial
>dust.  I replaced it and all was fine, or so I thought.
>
>Tonight, I went for a short drive, went for the high beams, and nothing.
>
>When I got home, I checked everything, and found a loose brown wire that
>attaches to a plate behing the steering wheel.  I reateched it, and now have
>partial high beams.  I can do the "flash to pass" thing, but when I want the
>highs on always, its a no go.
>
>Also, somehow when checking this stuff, my turn signals decided to go on
>vacation.  My hazards, however, still work.  All my fuses are OK.
>
>Is the whole turn signal stalk assembly going bad?
>
>Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Nels Ferre
>79 MGB

Larry Macy