mgs

Re: 74 MGB clutch

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 74 MGB clutch
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:41:24 -0700
Your description puzzles me a little. I would have thought that the level
would go *down* when the pedal was depressed (forcing more of the fluid
into the line, extending the slave cylinder piston, etc), and then come
back up when the pedal was released (as the slave piston retracts, and
fluid flows back up the line). At least when bleeding, if it runs dry, it
does so on the downstroke, doesn't it? Be that as it may, a similar
problem (slow or erratic clutch engagement) has been attributed to a
deteriorating slave hose. Internal swelling chokes off the flow.

Brian DeFord had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149