mgs

RE: Hello

To: "Brian DeFord" <bdeford@erols.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hello
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:07:15 -0600
Hi Brian, welcome to the MG world.

Bleed the clutch hydraulic system.  It is a challenging task.  Initially you
may need to do it repeatedly, like a couple of times a week until the air is
completely removed.  Many use a power bleeder for this, it makes it much
easier.  My power bleeder preference for the clutch system is the ez-bleed.
Since you have just bought the car bleed it enough to "refresh" the fluid.

Also, check all mechanical linkage.  You'll probably find that some of the
"eyes" are oval, not round.  You will need to either weld up the holes and
re-drill them, or buy new.

Good luck and welcome to the list.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1970 MGB Daily Driver ~ 1967 MGB Vintage Racer ~ 1969 MGB Undergoing V8
conversion
http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/