mgs

RE: MGB Leans to the Left

To: <Matt.DeBoer@ejgallo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Leans to the Left
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:59:26 -0400
My '72 has the same symptoms.  It sits about 1" lower in the front left, and
about 1/2" lower in the rear left, give or take 1/4", depending on the
surface, etc...

I have entirely new suspension components on the front and rear.  I've tried
swapping the front (new) springs from side to side, different sets of
springs, etc.  No change in the relationship from left to right.  I've even
had the car checked for distortion in the unibody/crossmember/etc.  The shop
(reputable) said everything was true.  So, I've decided rather than
continuing to chase the ghost on this one, that I'll resort to shims to
correct the issue, as this fella decided to after years of fiddling with
it...  see http://www.mgbmga.com if you haven't already.  He covers the
"lean" quite extensively, as well as other suspension mysteries.

Best Regards,

=J=