mgs

Re: Choke Linkage

To: neilc@tradesrv.com.au, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Choke Linkage
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:53:10 EST
Neil,

I believe Lawrie's video says that 12  flats is where you set the carbs and
use that as a starting point.  My HS4's are set at about 21-22 flats
out...only way I could get the car to run.  But, once set, the car runs
fantastic and I've never had to go back and reset the carbs.  Stock needles,
and without pulling the pots off, couldn't tell you #'s.

In regards the choke problem, it does take a lot of effort to pull the jets
open..and it should, I believe.  It is all mechanical here...see if your cable
is stretched (quite common) or see if it is binding up somewhere.

My experience only...

Bruce Durgin
64 B