mgs

Re: TD Water Temp

To: "a3- mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TD Water Temp
From: "John C Bullas " <johnbullas@netcentral.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 22:48:11 +0100
----------
> From: Michael Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: TD Water Temp
> Date: 06 September 1997 21:46
>
> Well now I have gone and done it, broke the little tiny line that
goes
> from the rad to the temp gauge.  Whats this gonna cost?

If this is a capillary rather than an electrical gauge, the tube
contains ether that expands to register the temperature, assuming the
tube and sender are not seperable the replacement of the tube may be
straight forward but the ether replacement may not- it would be
probably cheaper to replace the sender and gauge with a stock item-
unless an MG spares shop has an old equivalent

> I feel pretty
> sure this is not a repair job.  This dash replacement is not worth
it!
> I have never had so much trouble on what should have been a simple
job.

> THANK!
>
> MIKE R
> --
> MZ
John C Bullas and COO the "non-standard" '78 1275GT
"If it don't leak, smell, smoke, melt or burn....
            It can't be made for a Mini"
Http://www.netcentral.co.uk/~johnbullas/home.htm