mgs

Re: basis for emissions standards?

To: gardner@lwcomm.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: basis for emissions standards?
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:34:20 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-30 08:49:15 EDT, gardner@lwcomm.com (Scott Gardner)
writes:

> Since pollution is measured as a percent of the airflow coming out
>  the tailpipe, has anyone come up with the idea of hooking up a pump
>  to draw in fresh air and inject it directly into the exhaust pipe to
>  dilute the exhaust?

I think that my '86 plym**th had something like that.  The air pump ran
directly into the cat. converter.  In theory, this is the same idea, drawing
outside air in and pushing it through the exhaust.  I know that when the pipe
broke off of the converter, I heard a terrible 'whizzing' sound everytime I
kicked it in the tail.
~Mike Lishego