mgs

Re: SB 42 on Appropriations Committee Suspense list?

To: smrm@coastalnet.com, drded@ix.netcom.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SB 42 on Appropriations Committee Suspense list?
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 10:00:43 -0400 (EDT)
Guys,
I 'm not sure that this is really about pollution; after all, when a cor is
produced new, more pollution is released by a factor of 5 than the car can
produce over a life time of 250,000 miles.
It has more to do with money and power.  I believe that Unical (sp?) gets a
pollution break for every old car it crushes; in other words no net loss of
pollutants.  The bureaucrats are happy because it adds to the size of
government; someones little empire gets larger.
Ray