mgs

Midget bumpers?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget bumpers?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 11:43:40 +0000
My wife's uncle just started selling cars at a local Cadillac
dealership, and told me that they just got a '74 Midget as a
trade-in.  Supposedly 30,000 original miles, and original BRG paint.
My question is, did the Midget bumpers follow the same pattern as the
B's? (i.e., chrome until 73, both ways in '74, and then rubber
afterwards?)  I asked him what kind of bumpers it had, but he hasn't
actually seen the car yet.
        Can someone tell me what to expect on a '74 Midget?  I'm interested
in what size engine, what type/how many carbs, what smog control
parts, that sort of thing, just so I can tell if anything major is
non-original.  My wife is looking for a cute runabout, and we'd love
to be her uncle's first sale.  I'll probably swing by to look at it
tomorrow.
Thanks,
Scott