mgs

Re: MG name

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG name
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 11:23:55 -0700
>There's a thread on the mini-list about what MOWOG stands for.  That made me
>wonder if the MG group has had the inevitable discussion about what MG stands
>for.  Comments on either?
>
>Denise (font of useless trivia) Thorpe

MG stems from The Morris Garages

(Quoted from "Maintaining The Breed")
"Out of compliments to Sir William R. Morris, Bt., we named our production
the MG Sports, the letters being the initials of his original business
undertaking, 'The Morris Garages', from which has sprung the vast group of
seperate enterprises including the MG Car Copmpany."  (Any typos are mine,
of course.)  sf

Stan Fickes             If you want safe speed--buy safe speed--MG.
Wireless comm., ATG     Safety Fast!
Apple Computer, Inc.    1951 MGTD, under restoration
(408) 974-7653          1965 Sprite, daily commuter