Temp sensor position

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp sensor position
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:32:01 -0500
Folks at world,

Having had some fun with the over-heating in my MGB GT V8 I have sort
of worried around all the aspects thus learning a great deal from our
gurus (for which many thanks).  There are still some facets that
require some scientific confirmation but one little item comes to the
top of my greying grey matter......  My temp sensor is on the
radiator and this controls the electric fan.   Thus when the rad is
cooled while the car is stationary, off goes the fan despite the fact
that the engine block may be still stonking hot!   There is
practically no heat path between them when the pump has stopped
swirling water.  Would it not be better therefore to put the sensor
on the block, or at least the intake manifold?

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060