Re: Oil Slinger

To: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Slinger
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:23:43 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Glenn,

        To my way of thinking it makes sense to use the slinger every time,
because it might reduce the amount of oil to reach the seal.  Don't know
what others may think.  Do Rover engines come with a slinger originally?
The slinger was used in the BOP 215 and Buick 300 engines which had the
old-style "rope" seal.  Some might argue, therefore, that it is not
necessary with the newer lip seals.  Do what you think is best.

Cheers,
Dave Kernberger