Re: 215 vs 300 water pump clearance

To: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: 215 vs 300 water pump clearance
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:37:08 -0500
Cc: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Kevin-

Sorry, no magic. Cut away the sheet metal. My radiator is dead against the slam
panel,
the horizontal sheet metal that holds the hood latch. I cutaway all but about
2" of
the lower valance, moved the radiator in front on the mounts & used long bolts &
spacers.

There really is no downside to cutting away the valance as far as can see, I
did it on
my first car 12 years ago, & on both the others. If you are worried about
originality.....

Jim