Re: 215 vs 300 water pump clearance

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: 215 vs 300 water pump clearance
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:03:54 -0600
Cc: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim,

Thanks!  The car is a '78, the engine is a '62 Buick 215, I'm using T&S motor
mounts and there is only about 1/4 inch clearance between the valve cover and
the
firewall on the passenger side.  I'm using an MG V8 radiator and the mounts are
currently in the stock position (the DPO had welded new mounts back where they
are
on earlier MGBs but I obtained new mounts and have them screwed in the stock
position - I will weld them later), I can't move the radiator ahead without
removing sheet metal.  I have about 1 7/8 inch clearance between the face of the
water pump pulley (without counting the bolts) and the face of the radiator.  I
need about 3 inches or a tad more for the Hayden electric fan that I have.  Any
help would be appreciated since I am trying to avoid removing the sheet metal in
front of the radiator.

Kevin