RE: dual exhaust

To: "'Jack Emery'" <jemery@mint.net>, "'Jim Stuart'" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: RE: dual exhaust
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:47:20 -0700
Cc: "'mgb-v8@autox.team.net'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
> At 08:40 PM 7/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >I'm interested in any info about a true dual exhaust for a BV8
> >conversion. I have already centered the gas tank & plan on
> using 2 turbo
> Having thought briefly about doing this, I was going to run the wiring
> harness inside ala TR6 or Spit.  And most other vehicles made
> today.  The
> Fuel, fuel return and one brake line would go down the tunnel
> edge.  The RH

        I routed all the lines on the inside of my V6 powered MGB GT.  It
seemed like the thing to do at the time to bulletproof the bottom of the
car.  I had a tendency of off roading a lot.

        I punched a hole through the rear vertical panel behind the right
hand seat and ran the lines next to the rocker.  The lines then went up the
right hand kick panel and then through the original wiring harness hole and
into the engine compartment.  After 10 years of street use, I never had any
kind of a problem.  I used aluminium tubing for the fuel line.  I figured if
anything could hit the car hard enough to rupture the line, on the near side
of the rocker structure, then I was dead already.  This kind of routing is a
standard pro-rally modification.

        Once the lines were out of the way, I ran the exhaust as a mirror
image of the left side.

Kelvin.