Thanks, maybe plugs?

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks, maybe plugs?
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 20:48:06 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Thanks for the responses, I've received so far, I'm sure I'll receive some
more tonight and in the morning.  The general consensus was to try towing it,
which if I haven't started it by next weekend, I'll try that (gotta finish
the clutch hydraulics first).

I poured a little gas straight down in the carb.  Outside of making the
garage smell like gas, it didn't do anything.  Its odd that I'm getting no
combustion whatsoever.  I have spark, if I pull the lead going to the
distributor, it easily jumps 1/4" and snaps pretty good.  But the spark if I
pull one of the plugs is pretty minimal. Could I possibly be using the wrong
plugs.  They seem awfully short to me, as far as the threaded part that goes
into the head.  I'm using AC Delco R45 plugs.  The factory manual calls for
45FFS. Could that be my problem?  I'll switch plugs tomorrow either way to
the Champion RN12YC plugs, that Jim S. recommended in an earlier post.

Glenn

Saw that new MR2 spyder on tv today.  Definitely has more personality than a
Miata.  Anybody actually seen one in person?