Close but still not done, more questions (Long)

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Close but still not done, more questions (Long)
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:15:43 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well, for those who have been following the conversion, I really hope to be
done this weekend.  I'm taking the first few days of next week off, so I can
get her back on the road again.   I'm sure you'll probably get bombarded with
questions this weekend, as I try to wrap up the little details.  But think,
you'll only have to answer them for a couple of more weeks. I've taken some
pretty good pics along the way, I hope to have these up on the net whenever I
finish.

1.  Radiator hose routing.  This part is kicking my butt.  I made up a
radiator hose with the advice of some of the list members using two radiator
hoses and a length of SS pipe and this worked fine.  But (there is always a
but), when I installed the spin on oil filter adapter, I don't have room for
the hose anymore.  I can't see anyway to get the lower radiator hose up to
the waterpump.  I'm currently using the Mustang / Falcon radiator with both
ports on passenger side.  Even if I relocate the lower outlet to the drivers
side I can't see how I'm going get a hose between the belts and the radiator.
 The only way I see to do this is to actually go around the front crossmember
or put another hole in the inner fender.  I'm using non-ac mounts, CB
crossmember,  alternator mounted in front of drivers side head.    Any
suggestions?

2.  Emmissions stuff.  I'm using standard buick valve covers.  In one cover
I've put a standard chrome breather.  On the other cover there is a 1/2 ID
nipple protruding.  What do I put in here?  Do I put a PCV valve in it and
then run that to the charcoal canister?

3.  In glancing over the Edelbrock literature, there seem to be two vacuum
ports on the front of the carb (timed and not timed?).  Which one do I run to
the distributor (I'm using Pextronics EI)?

4.  I know I asked this question before, but I need some more help.  How do I
go from the 1/4" clutch tubing to the HTOB SS flex hose?  D&D supplied a gold
colored nipple (male to male) that screws in to the end of the flex hose, but
this is chamfered on both ends, presumably to seal up against the fitting in
the hose.  I have access to a wide range of tubing fittings, but can't find
any that have a female counterpart to the chamfered fitting I was supplied.
I've got a JEG's and a Swagelock (a very large supplier of tubing fittings)
catalog, and still can't seem to find what I think I need.  All I can find is
tubing to NPT adapters.

Okay, that is enough questions for now. Thanks for all the help.

Glenn

Glenn's words of wisdom for the day.  Install the spin on oil filter adapter
and the gears of the oil pump BEFORE installing the engine and steering rack.
 Its not a fun task if everything is already in :-)