Re: Clutch Pressure Plate to Flywheel

To: jemery@mint.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Pressure Plate to Flywheel
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 07:32:52 EST
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/6/00 10:24:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, jemery@mint.net
writes:

<< .003 max runout, the issue is balance.  That 14 pound pressure plate at
 5,000 rpm has a lot of potential force if mounted eccentrically.  Being a
 former UMO student you can do the math...... >>

That hurts.  While I grew up near UMO, I'm a proud grad of Worcester
Polytechnic Institute, in Worcester, MA.  Even have all the student loans to
prove it :-)

I plan on taking the flywheel in to be faced this week and will have them
drill it for the pressure plate.  Picked up the paint last night to shoot
this weekend.  I bought lacquer, primer, glazing putty, etc. for about $170.
While not as strong as base / clear, I think this will be much more forgiving
to shoot in my garage.  Of course, I'll put pictures either good or bad up on
the website when I'm done.

Glenn