Re: MGB-V8 History ( for what it is worth)

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: MGB-V8 History ( for what it is worth)
From: Glenn Towery <mgv8glen@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 01:17:47 -0800
Cc: Tic Tac Group <uga4300@hotmail.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
What I have herd & read over the years on the M.G. The factory had 7
M.G. V-8's in N.J. for the feds. to test for the tail pipe emissions All
of a sudden the factory called them back, thay said that thay could not
get the motors that thay would need from rover. I have the video viewer
fish that M.G. made for the parts list. THE REST OF THE STORY
73 came & there was a M.G.B.G.T. coupe with a V-8 & there was this (wet
dream) T.R.7 coupe to be made in 74, with a 4 cyl. Triumph owned 51
percent of B/L & had the say of what was to be built. Have you ever
thought why the G.T.  was not around after 74?????????  B/L said that it
had to pass a higher pollustion standers, because it was heavier than
the roadster & thay could not make the standards, the REAL REASON is
thay did not want the competition for the T R 7 with the battle ax of a
M.G.I have worked on both & I say that the 7 is 30 percent short!!!!!!
not enough wheel bearing, brake rotor, stearing rack, main & rod
bearings & the list goes on & on, were I have over 500,000 miles on my
M.G. V-s & thay are still GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As far as looka the 7 was ahead of it's time, there is a lot that look
like the 7                    Glenn