overheating

To: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: overheating
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:20:24 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
To those who asked, a triple, or triple flow radiator is one that has
internal baffles to force the incoming water to circulate through the
radiator 3 times before exiting to the engine. By spending more time in
the radiator, the water is able to transfer more heat & return to the
engine at a lower temp than a single or double pass radiator.

I think I am learning more about cooling than I want to know. Wish I
knew some thermal dynamics or fluid mechanics. Reading radiator adds is
a source of real frustration, as claims are not substantiated, apples
are compared to watermelons, etc.

As the weather has cooled somewhat, I was able to drive home with the
A/C this evening, water only got to 220` when stopped in traffic.

Jim Stuart