Crankcase Breathing

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Crankcase Breathing
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber@home.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 21:43:53 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Fellow V8ers,

Hope you guys don't mind me asking all these questions as I break in my
75 V8 B. Andrew and I are  up to 1300 miles now and thoroughly enjoying
every one.  I had it out Saturday showing off to some local MG
affectionados.  They were amazed - had never seen a V8 B conversion.
One of the guys said I could get a lot more HP if I ditched the  PCV
valve and just let the crankcase breathe into the air cleaner.  Any
truth to that ?  Should I just put an oil filler cap on one side and let
the other side breathe, or do both sides need to breathe.  I would think
that one side would be sufficient, but I'm having trouble keeping oil
inside the rocker covers  with the oil filler caps I've been using.

Thanks,

Rick Huber