RE: Rough Running

To: "\"MGB V8 List\" " <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, "\"Rick Huber\" " <102221.1716@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Rough Running
From: "Watson, Derek J" <Derek.J.Watson@scottishtelecom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:46:00 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net

Rick,

Sorry that I can not give a constructive answer, but there is something way
wrong. I run a standard 3.5 rover v8 with optronic ignition, 2 SU's. idles
so
soooomthly at bang on 500 rpm, under acceleration(except when I experience
fuel
vaporisation) much much smoother than B series, much quiter, hydraulic
lifters!

My exhaust blows a bit at the manifold, but dont affect the smoothness
My back axle (3.07 with Quaife LSD heehee!) although rebuilt whines around
60-70
so top down most of time , then no noise!

Mpg around 27.5 overall last measured on trip to LE mans last year ...

Suggestions:

if it were ign. set up motor would just be sluggish, but check this FIRST!
sounds like carb may need tuned to engine...dont know a thing about anycarbs

except SU's!
Cam may give lumpy idle but motor should pull clean over idle

Aw the best

Derek
74B