Re: [Mg-t] Tiny progress and a question

To: richardolindsay@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Tiny progress and a question
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 23:26:44 GMT
Cc: mg-t@autox.team.net
Full-name: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Hi Rick,  The bar across the radiator should be black. It was a 'bought in"
part.   Earliest cars had chrome pods with a medallion. It's said that the
chrome supply was reduced by needs for Korean conflict, and that the pods were
then painted. But then later they were chromed again, though without the
medallion, toward the end of production.   Late 53, with turn signals, wiper
in center, round tail lamps very likely had the chrome pods w/o medallion.
Painted pods are subject to severe scratching by those who set the sides of
the bonnet down outside the pod. Owners do it once, if ever, but non-owners
who do not know about this can do ugly damage to paint.  Given the choice, an
owner of late car would be wise to go for chrome.Bob