[Mg-t] Tiny progress and a question

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] Tiny progress and a question
From: Rick Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 18:16:48 -0500
Hi Friends,

I only had a little time for car-play this afternoon. I used much of it digging
parts out of boxes as my TD project re-commences. That's when I discovered that
I hadn't painted the headlight support castings. So guess what I did with the
rest of the time available.

Yes, I stripped the old paint from the left support and cleaned it further on
the wire wheel. The bare metal was then primered and is now drying. Tomorrow I
will prep and primer the right support. While the primer on both sides cures I
will search for the bolts for one end and nuts for the other. Wednesday, those
parts will get a nice coat of Autumn Red.

Now, the question: I have seen MG TDs with chrome headlight pods and chrome
front trim bits, and other TDs with body color pods with chrome front trim
bits. Which is correct for a late '53? Both? Or are the painted pods just an
attractive solution for damaged chrome?

-rick

Mg-t@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive