Re: [Mg-t] TD front brake plate

To: David <ollypol@live.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] TD front brake plate
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 06:08:38 -0700
Cc: MG-T Group <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Front brake backing plates really don't matter that much.
Slots for brake cylinders are vertical. 3 o'clock & 9 o'clock positions.
There is a hole in the backing plate, near the center. How you position the
backing plate on one side, do same on other side. Cannot remember the
way the plate looks right now. If hole can be put top or bottom, put to top
on both sides. If hole can be put front or back, place to back on both sides.

Rear brake backing plates are marked L/H and R/H. As the brake cylinder moves
in the slot, I believe that there is some arc to the slot. If you switch the
rear plates,
you can have the rear brake cylinder bind in the slot. Will wear only one of
the two
brake shoes.

John Seim
Irvine, CA