Re: [Mg-t] Plug for "Inspection Lamp Socket"

To: bobmgtd@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Plug for "Inspection Lamp Socket"
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:13:59 -0400
Bob
  Yes, or more accurately, there once was at Moss and there may still be.
  Things plugged into the cig lighter may be polarity-sensitive, and
though the lamp socket is color-coded, passengers may not be as careful
as the owner when plugging in. Even in a TD with its splendid cockpit
ventilation, the smell of incorrect polarity through a device is
unmistakable.
  Some T-owners have installed a cig lighter down in the shadows at
bottom forward end of the underdash panel. Hardwired into the car, the
lighter can be neg earth with car pos earth.  This works for accessories
that don't have an antenna earthed to the car, so CB and radio antennae
must be isolated from the car or magnetic base types used.
Bob