back already - petrol leak

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: back already - petrol leak
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:40:49 +1300
Didn't think it would take long!

First time I filled up the TD petrol tank past a couple of gallons it sprang a
leak - in spite of my having done the full POR15 thorough clean and seal
thing.

The gas is seeping out round one of the lower threaded widgets that the side
panel securing screws screw into.

As it does not show I am thinking a paint scrape and good dollop of JB weld
might do the trick - but perhaps not. Anyone any experience with this bit of
the of the car? How is the widget attached? Just welded on - or is there
something inside the tank it is attached to?

Thanks

Douglas