Arvin Heater

To: "MG T List" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Arvin Heater
From: <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:59:58 -0500
During my '53 TD resto, I acquired an Arvin Model 304C aftermarket
heater in good condition and would like to mount it in my car to extend
the driving season, or at least the comfort of it. Has anyone on the
list had any experience with mounting or hooking one of these guys up?
It looks very similar to the picture I have seen of Arnolt Heaters; a
cube with inlet and outlet pipes on the back as well as 3 2" carriage
bolts in a triangular pattern below the water inlet/outlets, presumably
for mounting. This orientation place the heater core on the bottom, two
1 1/2" circular openings facing the driver's side, and a square opening
facing up. This larger, approx. 6" opening appears to have previous been
fitting with a tilt-open door or vent, now sadly missing. If anyone
thinks they can help, I can send digital pix. Thanks as always for any
input.

Happy New Year!

Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC