Re: Fault diagnosis

To: drmoyce@ent-oakland.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fault diagnosis
From: "Carl Fritz" <carlmgtc@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:40:21 -0500
Andy,
     From my personal experience, and observation of others, I conclude the
following to be  absolutes:
     Once SU carb(s) have been CORRECTLY adjusted, they will REMAIN
correctly adjusted for YEARS!!!  If the car suddenly goes "off-tune", the
odds are 90-to-one that the problem is NOT WITH THE SUs, UNLESS someone has
already messed with the SUs.   The SUs are the LAST thing to mess with when
confronted with an engine that "isn't quite right".  LEAVE the SUs ALONE,
UNTIL YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT EVERYTHING ELSE (Timing, plugs, valve
adjustment, fuel supply, etc.) IS JUST THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!   ONLY THEN
DO YOU EVEN BEGIN TO THINK ABOUT ADJUSTING THE SUs!!!
Regards,
Carl Fritz
TC 6756
VA 2009 Saloon