Re: Tach reduction drive

To: drmoyce@ent-oakland.com
Subject: Re: Tach reduction drive
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:13:03 -0400
Andy,
   There is a little piece with a moulded-in key that fits the reduction
gear shaft and inserts into the into the dynamo's hollow shaft with
keyway.  I do not see this listed separately in current Moss catalogue,
but their #360-040 "coupling kit" may contain this piece.
  Some time ago I bought from Moss for a friend's car the part you need
and the tiny, fragile clamp that doesn't hold the gearbox from rotating.
A phone call to Moss would confirm that this piece is in the coupling
kit.
   The piece itself looks to be made from a short section of metal rod,
perhaps 1/4" diameter and  5/8" long  (measurements from memory).  The
gearbox end is fastened to gearbox with a screw across the 1/4"
dimension. The dynamo end has the key shape pressed in.   I suspect that
you could make one, if sufficently desperate, with a hacksaw, file, drill
press and a punch.
Bob