TD rear bumper bolts

To: "mg-t net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD rear bumper bolts
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:03:23 +1300
Hi T people

The Moss rear bumper bolt kit has 5 bumper bolts and my bumper (which
did not come with the car, but was sold to me as an original TD item)
has five holes in it. Two of these are for the over-riders (or
bumperetts as they are sometimes called in the former colonies) which
leaves 3 holes for bumper bolts - two on the outside and one in the
centre.

Interestingly, the back bar which I bought from the US on ebay has 7
holes in it - three around the centre. Pictures I looked at seem to show
only one central bumper bolt. I have the bumper on and it looks fine -
but I am curious about the extra bolts and holes in my back bar - should
I drill a couple of extra holes to use up the bolts?

Thanks as always

Douglas