Re: Dash Lights and Turn Signals

To: TATERRY@aol.com, wtsnyder@bellsouth.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash Lights and Turn Signals
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:42:57 -0500
goto http://www.mgaguru.com  Barney has an article on this item as the
MGA also uses it.

Blake

----- Original Message ---------------

   From: TATERRY@aol.com
   Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:27:46 EDT
     To: wtsnyder@bellsouth.net,
          mg-t@autox.team.net

In a message dated 9/30/2006 7:02:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wtsnyder@bellsouth.net writes:

> The turn signal switch must be held in the left or right position.
> Is it supposed to hold itself for a few seconds or must it be held
> manually? How prone to failure is the turn signal relay box? Any
> suggestions for tracing the problem.

Bill, there is a leather in that turn signal switch which dries out,
you can
take it apart and lube the leather.....do a google search, several
articles
have been written on how to do it. Its easy.  Your reostat can be
shorted out to
give you light....the lights were so poor anyway, I don't know why they
used
a reostat!
Terry